Sunday, August 8, 2010

A "ROBIN HOOD" ELECTION PROMISE

:-)
Many people believe we pay taxes to provide the Healthcare for our sick children, mother, or aunt. It is meant to provide schools and recreation, makes our roads safe to drive on, helps those in need, assists those in misfortune, and helps our province provide safe drinking water and infrastructure such as Fire Trucks and Community Centres. The people who believe that would be correct.

In a society with Social Programs such as those above, there is a need for Social Reforms that puts our tax dollars into social programs FIRST. If any is left over, we can put them into other areas of Investment.

In order to provide those programs, we have to collect enough taxes to pay for them. When our government, in an attempt to sway your vote, decides to lower taxes, as they have done in the last budget, they once again begin to lower our ability to pay for our Social Programs. When our government starts to take away taxes from our Social Programs and puts them into what they call Investments (Giveaways to Large Corporations), our Quality of Life begins to diminish.

This is comparable to your boss cutting back your salary, the government being the boss and your income being taxes needed to provide a home, food, clothing, and so on for your family.

Our government is cutting taxes by giving tax breaks to those who earn over $65,000 a year. There was only a very small tax reduction for those earning $40,000 a year and NO BREAK for the truly poor! This means that our government gave a tax break to the rich and nothing to the poor!

Since I was a child, my friends called me “Robin Hood”. My view of the world has always been “everyone is equal”. Unfortunately, not everyone feels the same way and many of those who disagree with my attitude are in the high-income range and didn’t want to share even as a child.

My idea of government is to tax the rich, lower taxes for the poor, and seniors would never pay taxes again! They’ve paid enough throughout their life.

Are you in agreement with me? If you support my views, if you believe in my way of governing, if you want to take back what is rightfully yours, I am here for you.

I appreciate your support.

Robin “Hood” Brentnall
Gambo, NL
2011 Election

2 comments:

  1. As an added bonus, my wife has stated publicly that she will donate the equivalent of 50% of my salary (we’re not rich like someone we know) to the local churches and needy people in my district, if elected. I'm not allowed to do that under the law, BUT SHE IS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just thought I would add a quote from, of all people, Ross Perot: "I don't complain about high taxes; high taxes mean high income."

    ReplyDelete