Friday, December 3, 2010

The Hangover

Dear Editor,

I woke up this morning feeling very empty.

Am I suffering the effects of a Danny Williams hangover, where everyone looks back at the great time we were having only to wake up this morning and see that it was a drunken state of hipnosis?

I realized this morning that we still have High Unemployment, High cost for gas and home heating oil, ours doctors are upset and leaving, healthcare is in a shambles, trade workers heading to Alberta again due to no work here, Rural NL in ruins, IGOR victims still without help (comparable to the people in New Orleans after Katrina), no firm deal on the Lower Churchill (only a term sheet which is like a grocery list that will change as items become unattainable), and much more facing our seniors than they should ever have to face as a senior?

Did I mention the union employees still fighting on picket lines for a raise?

Thanks for the drinks and entertainment Danny, but I believe we drank too much too quickly and now the party for NL is over. We better take a couple of aspirin and call a doctor in... Oh right, our doctors are leaving.

I feel sick to my stomach.


Robin Brentnall, CD

No comments:

Post a Comment