Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What The Premier Really Said

Host of Openline, VOCM Radio

Two weeks ago you told me that the Premier said "the surgery was not available in NL". I have been trying to get the NTV video or transcript since but it is very well hidden.

But this transcript shows what he said and I was right, not available in Canada! He lied to the people of our province on NTV.

"The Globe and Mail 23rd Feb 2010 http://politifi.com/news/Its-my-health-its-my-choice-Danny-Williams-says-214293.html

With these words, Newfoundland Premier Danny Williams defended his decision to hop the border and go under the knife for Heart Surgery in Florida. The minimally invasive mitral valve Surgery he needed is not available in Newfoundland, he told his province's NTV News channel in the first part of an interview aired last night. "Did some checking, of course, and what was ultimately done to me, the Surgery I eventually got ... was not offered to me in Canada," he said. But it is available in his..."

Will you make an on air correction to your audience tomorrow morning please?


Robin Brentnall
Gambo, NL

No comments:

Post a Comment