Wednesday, June 16, 2010

GAMBLING ADDICTIONS

PUBLISHED IN THE AURORA NEWSPAPER 31 MAY 2010 AS: TEENS ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TOO

Dear Editor:

I would like to ask Mr. Marshall this:

You gave the answer to a question posed by Lorraine Michael during Question Period on 26 May 2010 that stated and I quote:

"I must say I have some real difficulties with those numbers because for that many junior high-school students and high-school students to be actually gambling on VLTs; they have to get into these bars. That is prohibited and if that is the case then the police are going to be asked to crack down on that in a major way."

Mr. Marshall, your answer tells me that because a student is in a bar underage and due to that being against the law, you feel your government is not responsible for helping them with Gambling Addiction.

What about Drug Addictions? Isn't using drugs illegal? In all honesty Mr. Marshall, I consider you the only one on your side of the House who has a clue.

We have a problem with teens and VLT's; help fix it!

Robin Brentnall
Gambo, NL

No comments:

Post a Comment